Job Type: Full-Time
Specialty: Registered Nurse - Older Persons Health
Job ID: Tonix1348
Are you an experienced, committed and highly motivated nurse? This is a unique opportunity for you to advance your career as a Maori Community Gerontology Nurse Specialist.
Waitemata District Health Board has a position for a Gerontology Nurse Specialist to become a member of our inspired team of highly motivated and internationally acknowledged Gerontology Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists. A commitment to on-going professional development is essential.
The purpose of this position is coordination of the multidisciplinary services in community and residential care settings to meet the needs of a defined caseload of Maori older people with complex health care needs with the intent of promoting functional independence, optimal wellness and preventing health crisis. This care co-ordination will take place across the continuum of care and through different service settings including residential care. Participation in skill development of the nursing workforce in residential care settings, and the development of care pathways for these settings is also a key component of the role.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RGON, RCpN, RPN, BHSc) with a current New Zealand APC. Ideally you will:
– Hold a post Graduate Diploma in gerontology or medical nursing
– Be working to achieve your Masters in advanced nursing practice, gerontology related (includes prescribing practicum)
– Hold a current NZ Drivers Licence
– Have 5 years experience in community care of the older adult and/or experience in advanced practice roles in the community supporting Maori
– Have strong cultural engagement and application of Tikanga Maori. Te Reo Maori preferred
– Have achieved RN Level 4 or equivalent in specialty with current portfolio
– Be a team player with a mature outlook and a reputation for excellence in specialty practice
– Have demonstrated prior leadership ability within the health sector
– Have an understanding of inequalities intervention frameworks
– Have experience working with providers (General practice, NGOS, Residential Aged Care)
– Have a great attitude and excellent communication skills
This is a fabulous role to progress your career with a high profile team, competitive remuneration and wonderful professional development opportunities.
For more information and a job description contact email@example.com or call Anne on 021626632