Job Type: Full-Time
Specialty: Registered Nurse
Job ID: Tonix1569
Are you an experienced/Senior nurse looking for a challenging role in a busy surgical ward? Please don’t delay and apply now!
About the role:
Our client currently has an opportunity for experienced Registered Nurses to work in the surgical ward for their Cardiology, Cardiothoracic and Vascular (CCTV) cluster.
The ward has 32 beds – a high flow, high acuity with highly dependent patients. the patient population comes from the Midland Region and covers both Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery. In both specialities you will care for patients that are having minor procedures (pre and post interventional radiology procedures / sternal wire removal) through to major limb amputations and Cardiac graft or valve surgery.
We are looking for a Registered Nurses with experience (at least 2 years) in either of these specialties – although the expectation is that Staff will work across both areas you will be provided with orientation and education to support the growth and development of knowledge
Key Requirements for the role:
• Surgical Nursing Experience, preferably in Cardio & Vascular surgery,
• Current Annual Practicing Certificate,
• A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in an acute care environment.
• Excellent time management and communication skills,
• Must be able to work rostered shifts, which includes nights and weekends.
As an employee of the Public Hospital they can offer you:
• An opportunity to develop/extend your existing skills,
• A supportive comprehensive orientation with ongoing education,
• Encouragement of individual development.
• This is a great opportunity to work in a progressive and dynamic environment, which values and supports its team members and their contributions. If you are looking for a challenge then we look forward to receiving your application.
This hospital is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology/Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services. The hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology. They are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for the total population.
Registration with the NZNC.
Two years or more of experience relevant to this position.