Job Type: Full-Time
Specialty: Registered Nurse
Job ID: Tonix1529
CHARGE NURSE MANAGER, ORTHOPAEDIC OPERATING THEATRES
Inspiring, leading from the front, a passion for clinical excellence – if you’re a senior Theatre Nurse with these qualities in your leadership tool box, and the desire to step up into a managerial role, then read on…….
Reporting to a dynamic Theatre Manager you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day clinical leadership and management of a super busy elective Orthopaedic operating theatres at a busy Private Hospital, based in central Auckland. You’ll lead and support a great nursing team to ensure seamless service delivery to thepatients and specialists.
This is a permanent fulltime role and you’ll work primarily Monday to Friday, 0730 – 1600. Every day will provide you with the opportunity and resources to utilise your leadership expertise and develop your team to deliver the best possible care. Your commitment to excellence, your passion for continuous quality improvement, and your desire to be part of and lead a highly skilled team will set you in good stead as you further develop your leadership skills in this supportive environment.
The benefits package for this role includes: competitive salary, 5 weeks annual leave, generous health insurance subsidy, Christmas & New Year close-down, free parking, discounted gym memberships, Employee Assistance Programme, pharmacy discount, retail discounts, discounted hospital fees………etc!
As our preferred candidate, you’ll demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- New Zealand Registered Nurse with a current Annual Practicing Certificate
- A Post Graduate Qualification in perioperative nursing – or be working towards this
- Excellent perioperative skills and knowledge in orthopaedics – you’re respected for your clinical excellence!
- A passion for coaching others, always driving the professional development of your team
- The ability to manage rapidly changing situations and be a proactive change manager
- Positive energy with the ability to collaborate and develop win/win relationships with our specialists and the wider multidisciplinary team
- Not be afraid to have the difficult conversations or challenge the status quo – with the ability to influence without alienating others
- Be a solutions driven decision maker who is focused on delivery of objectives, always with a patient-centric focus
…you will be part of New Zealand’s largest private surgical facility with 22 theatres (and growing!) across 3 sites including an Intensive Care Unit and Coronary Care facilities. The surgical specialties include: Colorectal/Gastro, Gynae, Urology, Neurology, Oncology, Plastics (incl flaps), ENT/ORL, Orthopaedic/Spinal, Head & Neck, and Cardiac/Vascular. patients are both adults and children.
This is an exciting time to join a dynamic and growing private organisation, so if this opportunity sparks your interest please APPLY now, or for more information call Tonix on 0274865069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications close at midday on Wednesday 30th June 2021. However we reserve the right to close applications earlier as needed.