Job Type: Full-Time
Specialty: Registered Nurse
Job ID: Tonix1486
Inspiring, leading from the front, clinical excellence – if these are qualities in your leadership tool box then read on…….
We are seeking an experienced and highly engaged leader for this unique opportunity as the Charge Nurse Manager of the Intensive Care Unit and Cardiac Services of one of the largest private hospitals in New Zealand. The ICU is growing and expanding to deliver services across a range of specialties including Cardiothoracic, Hepato-Biliary and Otorhinolaryngology (ORL) surgery. The Cardiac Service includes both a Cardiothoracic Surgical ward and the Coronary Investigation Unit which is delivered across both of the Hospital sites.
In this role, you will be a key part of the leadership team and will work closely with multidisciplinary teams and interdepartmental leaders with a strong focus on the patient experience and excellence in service provision for our community.
As our preferred candidate, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Hold a current Annual Practicing Certificate with the Nursing Council of New Zealand.
- Hold a Post Graduate qualification in Intensive Care Nursing
- Hold a Management qualification or working towards
- Demonstrated capability in operational management and a reputation for clinical expertise
- A proven passion for clinical excellence and be highly motivated and innovative in quality improvement
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to develop relationships and engage with our specialists
- Ideally have an understanding of the private healthcare model and a desire to further your interest in this area
- Promote and model the values of MercyAscot
So what will we offer you in return for your skill set and experience?
The opportunity to work with…
- An organisation that will add value to your leadership career by supporting you with the right tools, the right leadership, and the right support network
- New Zealand’s leading provider of private surgical care
- Auckland’s leading Specialists
Benefits include: a very competitive salary; 5 weeks annual leave, generous health insurance subsidy, Christmas New Year close-down; free onsite parking – with travel allowance for travelling between sites. You’ll also receive a comprehensive induction plan to support your transition into this role.
Please email us for more information and a copy of the job offer. firstname.lastname@example.org