Job Type: Full-Time
Specialty: Registered Nurse
Job ID: Tonix1485
A recent organisational realignment has identified an opportunity for a Clinical Practice Manager in our largest private hospital. The key purpose of this newly created position is to manage, lead and ensure the delivery of shared services within the clinical operations.
Reporting to the COO/Chief Nurse, you’ll join a senior leadership team and be responsible for providing operational leadership and strategic guidance to the clinical leaders within the service, which spans 4 distinct work streams (with approx. 8 direct reports), they are: Infection Prevention & Control, Nurse Practitioner & Advanced Nursing Team, Clinical Education Team, Professional Advisor Nursing & Allied Health.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring provision of essential support to our Hospitals and operational leaders
- Ensuring appropriate frameworks for clinical risk management are in place, monitored and reviewed
- Delivering strategies for Clinical Education, Professional Development of Nursing and Allied Health employees across all clinical services, including defined career pathways and programmes for clinical teams from graduate to experienced levels
- Leading nursing innovation to support the Hospital Strategy and transform the patient experience
- Ensuring our Infection, Prevention and Control service supports the delivery of safe care and excellent patient outcomes
- Ensuring the afterhours Advanced Nursing Team supports our patients, staff and specialists
To be successful in this role you’ll need the following skills and experience:
- Hold NZ Nursing Council Registration & a Post graduate qualification in health, health education or management (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 5 years in surgical or perioperative nursing, or nursing education, plus appropriate experience at a senior/management level
- Experience managing teams with proven experience as a collaborative, innovative & strategic operational leader
- Quality or project experience with the ability to establish service business plans and lead teams through transformational change
- A high level of digital competency – we’re currently transitioning to an electronic environment so a working knowledge of EMR would be an advantage
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships and engage stakeholders
- Understanding of the commercial realities of being a private health care provider, and ability to oversee budget allocations and achieve goals within time frames and budget
The benefits for this role include: a very competitive salary, 5 weeks annual leave, generous health insurance subsidy, Christmas & New Year close-down; free onsite parking – with travel allowance for travelling between sites, discounted gym membership, Employee Assistance Programme, pharmacy discount, retail discounts, discounted hospital fees………etc!
About us: This hospital group is a part of the Healthcare Holdings Group of companies and is New Zealand’s largest private surgical facility with 22 theatres across 3 sites including an Intensive Care Unit and Coronary Care facilities. Our surgical specialties include: Colorectal/Gastro, Gynae, Urology, Neurology, Oncology, Plastics (incl flaps), ENT/ORL, Orthopaedic/Spinal, Head & Neck, and Cardiac/Vascular. Our patients are both adults and children.
Please email Tonix with your CV and we will make contact within 24 hours: firstname.lastname@example.org