Sorry! This job is no longer available. Search for:
Job Type: Full-Time
Specialty: Registered Nurse - Management
Job ID: Tonix1568
• Exciting opportunity to partner with NZ’s leading specialists and an energised, smart and creative management team looking to transform healthcare in NZ
• Be part of innovative high-level projects around transformation and EMR
As part of the prestigious MercyAscot Hospital Group, Ascot Hospital opened in Auckland in 1999 providing state of the art surgical facilities. With 12 theatres, 88 beds across three wards, day surgery, an HDU and Cardiac Investigations, the vision to be a world class surgical centre of excellence is driving many of their current leading edge transformational projects.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer/Chief Nurse, you will be responsible for providing outstanding operational leadership, and strategic guidance to the five clinical service leaders reporting to you. The role includes:
• People leadership – supporting direct reports to succeed and flourish
• Oversight and care about all aspects of the hospital to ensure its high standing with specialists, patients and staff
• Leading the day-to-day operations of clinical services including effective and efficient management of hospital resources, theatre lists and beds
• Developing strong relationships with key customer groups and surpassing expectations
• Partnering with Operations, People & Culture, Patient Engagement & Quality, and Specialist Engagement, to integrate service delivery
• Initiating growth opportunities to support the success of the Clinical Services Plan
• Leading transformational change activities
• Actively participating in recruitment and performance management
• Sitting within the senior leader group that collaborates across the wider business.
This is a broad portfolio where you need to be able to manage multiple, and at times competing, demands so the ability to retain a clear overview is crucial. Likewise, the ability to clearly articulate operational information to keep the team informed and ensure a positive patient, specialist, and staff experience.
• Competitive salary
• Subsidised health insurance
• 5 weeks’ annual leave
• Travel allowance
• Supported professional development including post graduate studies
• Structured on boarding
• The support of an energised, experienced and creative management team
• Generous relocation package available (if you currently reside outside the Auckland area)
• Staff benefits package
There’s never been a more exciting time to secure a senior role in this prestigious organisation that’s focused on transforming private healthcare in NZ. Don’t miss your opportunity to be an influential and integral part of their journey to become a world class surgical centre of excellence.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Annie O’Donnell email@example.com or for a confidential conversation about the role call Annie on +6421626632.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17 December 2021
• Current NZ Nursing Council registration with a minimum of 5 years perioperative nursing in addition to successful management experience leading both teams and projects
• Resilience, effective influencing skills and an innovative approach
• A collaborative style for team building and coaching
• Proven ability as a strategic and visionary operational leader able to establish service business plans and lead the team through transformational change.
• A passion for achieving clinical excellence and best practice
• A demonstrated commitment to customer service and the ability to form highly effective working relationships
• An understanding of the commercial realities of a private healthcare provider along with experience overseeing significant budget allocations
• Advanced communication skills
• A good understanding of IT and Microsoft Office Packages. A working knowledge of EMR would be advantageous.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage changing priorities