Job Type: Full-Time
Specialty: Registered Nurse - Management
Job ID: Tonix1551
Role, Purpose and Scope
To effectively support and direct clinical services at Health and Ability Services (including community homes where applicable), utilising effective leadership and management skills, to ensure excellent care is provided which reflects the values of St John of God Hauora Trust. Based in Wellington, the capital city of New Zealand
The following are key tasks of the role but this is not exhaustive and other tasks can be added at the discretion of management. A key focus of the role is to provide an outstanding level of care for the care recipients at the facility, and to contribute to care recipients achieving the goals and quality lifestyle they desire.
- Responsibility for all clinical requirements including clinical oversight of the medical and health needs of the care recipients, and medication management;
- Aim to maintain full occupancy in consultation with Regional Manager;
- Provide oversight for the admission and discharge process;
- Develop and implement the workforce development plan ensuring it is current and based on best practice;
- Ensure sound processes are in place for the sharing and recording of all clinical information;
- Oversee and implement the Quality Improvement Programme related to clinical care and provide input into the service wide Quality Improvement Programme;
- Provide excellent guidance and management of the clinical team;
- To ensure the Performance Management System is followed;
- To monitor the necessary documentation for the safe care of care recipients that meets service policy and procedures, contract specifications, and certification standards;
- To participate and assist in initiatives to improve the standard of service offered by the facility;
- To assist management in achieving the philosophy, aims and policy and procedure objectives of the facility;
- As required, liaises with members of the multi-disciplinary team and visiting health professionals to ensure all support needs are met;
- Ensures care recipients and/or their relatives are kept informed, (within constraints of confidentiality) and are supported in a professional manner;
- Cover Registered Nurse on call duties (Wellington only);
- When on call, (after hours and weekends), respond to any emergency situation or sentinel event that may arise, ensure a formal report is made, or the Regional Manager is advised as soon as possible;
- Ensure all rostered shifts and allocations are fulfilled and duties are performed in a way that supports the safe, smooth and efficient running of the facility;
- As required, ensure bureau staff receive appropriate support and guidance to provide safe and effective care;
- Lead the Infection Prevention and Control Team ensuring all potential threats and actual events are appropriately notified and managed.
- NZ Registered General or Comprehensive Nurse with current practising certificate.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be required to present original documentation and photocopies of qualifications at the initial interview. Human Resources will verify the qualifications, and arrange for validation by the awarding bodies.
Required Registrations/Certificates/Licences or Memberships
- Post Graduate Qualification in Healthcare and/or at least 5 years-experience.
Technical or Professional Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A broad knowledge of the Health and Safety requirements.
- A broad knowledge of Infection prevention & Control Guidelines.
- Experience in caring for people with physical and neurological disability in particular but not restricted to Traumatic Brain Injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Huntington’s Disease.
- Staff and budget management experience.
- Leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. Children’s Young Persons and their Family Act 1989, Employment Relations Act 2000, Health and Disability Services (Safety) Act 2001, Privacy Act 1993, Health Information Privacy Code 1994, Health Information Retention Act 1996, Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, Accident Compensation Act 2001, Health Practitioners Competency Assurance Act 2003, Human Rights Act 1993, Charitable Trust Act 1957, Building Act 2004).
Candidates who successfully reach the final stages of the selection process for this role will be required to undergo Criminal Conviction screening.