Job Type: Full-Time
Specialty: Mental Health Clinician
Job ID: Tonix1502
We’re looking for a full-time Mental Health Clinician to provide oversight for this NFP NGO’s new mental health crisis respite service in Wellington’s Lower Hutt.
About the organisation
Our client is a major provider of community-based mental health and addiction services across the lower North Island and the southern and western regions of the South Island.
Their mission, Supporting People to Lead Fulfilling Lives, is at the forefront of some exciting changes in this NGO’s Wellington service.
They’re seeking experienced Clinicians for new leadership roles as their focus becomes more clinically driven.
Over recent times the group has undergone a merger in the Wellington region. They have completely reviewed their service offering, put a new management structure in place, re-negotiated contracts with government (including the DHBs) and purchased their new 6 bdrm residential respite home which they plan to open in March in a lovely area of the city. All this, in line with their commitment to becoming the Service of Choice, Provider of Choice and Employer of Choice.
Their Crisis Respite service provides support for people experiencing a mental health crisis. Clients residing within their safe and positive home environment have been assessed and referred either because their needs can be managed without an admission to the inpatient service, or they are transitioning from an inpatient service back into the community. Their focus is on helping clients to maintain their independence and work towards recovery, with the support of a team of enthusiastic and motivated clinicians and support workers on site.
The role involves a combination of managing intakes, liaising with local DHB’s and duty managers, client welfare, day to day service oversight, medication management, assisting with the coaching and mentoring of support workers by developing and improving their mental health knowledge, and working in collaboration with the Clinical Lead and Service Manager to further develop the service.
What’s in this for you?
* a competitive, market-based remuneration
* a challenging and rewarding role with a strong service development component
* 5 weeks of annual leave
* generous professional development allowance
Required skills and experience
* NZ registration under the HPCA and a current APC (Social Worker, Registered Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Psychologist)
* experience with mental health disorders and an understanding of behavioural difficulties
* excellent communication skills and the ability to work well both within a team of professionals and collaboratively with external stakeholders
* the ability to work effectively, safely and creatively with clients and their family/whanau
* a full, clean driver’s license and computer skills
* the ability to work rostered day shifts that can include weekends
* a genuine enthusiasm and motivation for improving outcomes for our clients.
For more information please contact Annie O’Donnell on +6421626632. To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.tonix.co.nz