Job Type: Full-Time
Specialty: Registered Nurse
Job ID: Tonix1480
– Well established and welcoming team
– Innovative service
– Ongoing staff education and support
This Mental Health Centre provides acute services and a range of high quality therapeutic programmes with a strong multi disciplinary focus. Spanning a diverse socio-economic population across Auckland’s Eastern suburbs the community is largely Maori and Pacifica.
The Community Acute Service (CAS) provides acute assessment as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive home support to Service Users and their whanau as an alternative to in patient admission.
As a key member of this professional, dedicated team, you’ll be assessing and managing the needs of Service Users that are referred to the service with an acute mental health presentation and increased risk. Being a confident communicator and decision maker with strong nursing competencies are imperative. You’ll be continually stimulated and challenged as you work with a diverse group of clients presenting a range of mental health needs.
– High level of time management and organisational skills required
– Ideally you’ll be familiar with crisis/ acute work within a community mental health service.
– You will need to be a Duly Authorised Officer, or willing to train to fulfil this requirement within the first year of employment.
– A full and clean NZ driver’s licence is essential in this community based role.
– This is a permanent full-time role with rostered and rotating shifts across mornings, afternoons and nights M-Sun.
– The role is mostly based in the Panmure area with occasional shifts required at the Greenlane Clinical Centre