Job Type: Full-Time
Specialty: Registered Midwife - Hospital
Job ID: Tonix0066
It is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work.
Our client, the District Health Board is a large organisation operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.
The Base Hospital has a secondary maternity unit, the birthing suite and antenatal ward are combined with six birthing rooms and seven antenatal beds. The post-natal ward consists of 16 beds. The neo-natal unit has level 2A accreditation with 6 cots and 2 Intensive care cots to provide care for babies from 28 weeks gestation.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team in the antenatal, intrapartum, postnatal ward or neo natal unit;
- Utilise your knowledge and skills to enable the mother and her family / whanau to care for their baby; and
- Demonstrate your commitment to quality assurance and accreditation principles.
- Flexible working arrangements can be negotiated for the successful applicants
To be a successful in this role you will:
- Be registered with the Midwifery Council, or have eligibility, and hold an Annual Practicing Certificate.
- Have one year postgraduate experience however we encourage New Graduates to apply.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work rostered shifts in all areas of the maternity unit: antenatal, birthing suite and the postnatal ward.
For further information please contact us on email@example.com.