Job Type: Part-Time
Specialty: Physiotherapist - Out patients
Job ID: Tonix1430
Physiotherapist – Concussion Service
- Contract: Permanent, part time
- Salary Range: MECA – Allied Health step 1-6
- Please note that this is a 0.8FTE position, however, there is scope to increase hours by joining the acute physiotherapy weekend service dependent on previous experience.
The physiotherapist role will primarily be based within the experienced Concussion Service in an outpatient setting. This position will also support other ACC contracts such as Training for Independence Programmes, as well as Ministry of Health neuro outpatients and community therapies.
This role will also provide an opportunity to support the development of allied health assistants, rotational physiotherapists and students. Regular supervision is required within the role, as well as supervising other physiotherapists across the DHB. As an employee of the DHB, it is strongly encouraged that you maintain continued professional development both internally and externally. This includes regular vestibular and neuro special interest groups and fortnightly physiotherapy in-services.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Valid New Zealand drivers licence is essential
- Excellent time management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Essential knowledge around acquired brain injuries, neurological conditions and vestibular rehabilitation
please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the full Job Description, if you need any further information