Job Type: Full-Time
Specialty: Registered Nurse - General surgical
Job ID: Tonix1564
Our client is the Nelson region’s only private specialist surgical hospital.
A JV between a local Nelson Charitable Trust and Southern Cross Healthcare Ltd the hospital combines expertise, with local knowledge and history, to ensure they provide a modern surgical hospital with state-of-the-art theatres and equipment and beautifully appointment rooms. They pride themselves on providing excellent traditional care with first-class facilities.
The hospital offers endoscopy, general and bariatric surgery, gynaecology, orthopaedic, ENT, oral and maxilla-facial, cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery, and urology services. Many of the surgeons are recognised nationally as experts in their fields and they have chosen Nelson as a base for its lifestyle options which include beaches, a great climate, a vibrant arts scene, and stunning natural beauty as evidenced by the nearby Abel Tasman National Park and walkway, one of New Zealand’s famous Great Walks.
With three theatres, 22 beds (including a 4-bed intermediate care facility for those requiring a higher level of clinical care), 10-day chairs/beds and a 10-bed PACU, the hospital has undergone a recent refurbishment adding a fourth theatre which will be commissioned in December 2021.
As a result of the new theatre coming online, we are excited to be recruiting for experienced staff to join the team.
Reporting to the Ward Clinical Manager, we are seeking experienced surgical nurses with broad experience to work with a small, friendly and supportive team on a rostered basis covering morning, afternoon and night shifts primarily on weekdays however there is weekend work on a casual basis.
• The amazing lifestyle on offer in the Nelson region
• A genuinely great team culture with a social club, newsletter, and lots of support
• Competitive hourly rates
• Morning tea is provided
• Paid half hour lunch breaks
• Support for professional development
For more information and a job description, or to speak with us about your interest please email email@example.com or call or text Kate Armstrong on +6421842407
• Registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current Annual Practicing Certificate
• PDRP Level 3 as sound clinical decision-making ability is required
• CPR Competency (training is provided)
• IV/Epidural and PCA competency (training is provided)
• A full and current Driver’s licence
• Commitment to ongoing professional development
• Sound IT skills
• Sound problem solving and decision making skills
• Positive attitude and an effective team player who is flexible and adaptable