Job Type: Full-time and Part-time positions (negotiable)
Specialty: Medical - House Officer / Senior House Officer
Job ID: Tonix1518
SENIOR MEDICAL STAFF NEEDED!
Portland District Health ED is busy and has varied presentations and managed near 10,000 presentations in 2020 financial year. Portland District Health (PDH) has 69 registered inpatient beds with a 24 hour, seven day a week ED. There are two operating theatres (averaging 8 elective lists per week), with an 8-bed Day Procedure Unit. PDH also provides oncology/ haematology, dialysis and multiple other specialist services. Inpatient services is available for general medicine, general surgery, obstetrics, dialysis, chemotherapy, palliative care and transition care services. Elective surgery services includes
orthopaedics, general, ophthalmology, gastroenterology, plastics, urology, gynaecology, MaxFax, ENT, etc. There are radiology, pathology and pharmacy services. There is a 30 bed aged care facility and a GP super -clinic attached hospital, with a comprehensive range of primary health, community and home care services.
The hours are negotiable and can be part time or full time, whatever suits you and your personal situation.
If you are keen to know more about this exciting opportunity and would like a copy of the job description, then please contact the Human Resources team at Portland District Health.
Tel: 0061 (0) 355210312
The ideal applicant will be someone with a proven and demonstrable ability:
- Competence and capability in rural hospital based practice of emergency medicine
- Ability to provide leadership in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in education and training of medical staff and medical students.
- High level of communication skills in clinical practice
- Commitment to improving standards and patient safety within the hospital and community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of care to inpatients and those in Emergency Department.
- Availability to work shifts in accordance with the unit roster.
- Advanced Skills in Emergency/Obstetrics/Anaesthetics desirable.
- Hold a FACRRM or FRACGP or training towards.
- (may include participation in an on -call roster).
Qualified as a medical practitioner, qualifications in speciality areas and current registration and/or eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.