Job Type: Part-Time
Specialty: Registered Nurse - Operating Room / Theatre
Job ID: Tonix1566
Our client is the Nelson region’s only private specialist surgical hospital.
A JV between a local Nelson Charitable Trust and Southern Cross Healthcare Ltd the hospital combines expertise, with local knowledge and history, to ensure they provide a modern surgical hospital with state-of-the-art theatres and equipment and beautifully appointment rooms. They pride themselves on providing excellent traditional care with first-class facilities.
The hospital offers endoscopy, general and bariatric surgery, gynaecology, orthopaedic, ENT, oral and maxilla-facial, cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery and urology services. Many of the surgeons are recognised nationally as experts in their fields and they have chosen Nelson as a base for its lifestyle options which include beaches, a great climate, a vibrant arts scene, and stunning natural beauty as evidenced by the nearby Abel Tasman National Park and walkway, one of New Zealand’s famous Great Walks.
With three theatres, 22 beds (including a 4-bed intermediate care facility for those requiring a higher level of clinical care), 10-day chairs/beds and a 10-bed PACU, the hospital has undergone a recent refurbishment adding a fourth theatre which will be commissioned in December 2021.
As a result of the new theatre coming online, we are excited to be recruiting for experienced staff to join the team.
Reporting to the Theatre Manager, you will assist in the day-to-day activities of the operating theatres, providing nursing interventions for patients undergoing surgical procedures or examination. The role covers Scrub Nurse, Circulating Nurse, Anaesthetic Nurse or Nurse Assistant as appropriate. We are recruiting 3 positions – 2 orthopaedic scrub nurses and 1 general scrub nurse.
• The amazing lifestyle on offer in the Nelson region
• A genuinely great team culture with a social club, newsletter, and lots of support
• Competitive hourly rates
• Morning tea is provided
• Paid half hour lunch breaks
• Support for professional development
For more information and a job description, or to speak with us about your interest please email email@example.com or call or text Kate Armstrong on +6421842407
• Registration with the New Zealand Nursing Council and a current Annual Practicing Certificate
• A minimum of two years’ experience as a theatre nurse
• CPR Competency (training is provided)
• IV and PCA competency (training is provided)
• Previous education in managing care of patients in the perioperative environment is desirable
• Effective communication skills with all health professionals and associates.
• Courteous and caring behaviour.
• Working knowledge of Safe Practice and the Code of Health & Disability Services Consumers Rights.
• Ability to respond quickly with nursing interventions.
• Knowledge of Infection Control and Waste Management practices.
• Knowledge of procedures to be performed.
• Knowledge of instrumentation and equipment used, sterilisation processes, monitoring and tracing.
• Knowledge of stock control practices (training provided)